 Robotics / Handy Board / 7413
Re: IC Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:43:13 GMT

Christian Eloy Rendon wrote:

...or is there a simple solution to my problem?

Christian,
I had similar problems with my handyboard twice. The first time the
expansion
board was causing the problem, so if you are using the expansion board,
try
to run dl without it. Fortunately I was in the lucky situation to have
two
handyboards, so I could get the five ICs out of their sockets to test
them
on the working expansion board and discover the faulty one (which was
worth
less than $1!).

The second time the behavior was really strange: After replacing all ICs
of the
working expansion board with the non working expansion board ones and
vice
versa, BOTH boards worked properly !?! So I would suggest checking all
ICs to
fit correct into their sockets.

Hope this helps.

DIRK

   Dirk Stueker      Zietenstr. 36      26131 Oldenburg        Germany
   Department of Computer Science              University of Oldenburg
   Tel. & Fax: +49 / 441 / 5 39 35
Home-P: http://condor.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/stueker
E-Mail: stueker@gmx.de     (=Dirk.Stueker@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.de)