 Robotics / Handy Board / 7399
7398  |  7400
Subject:
Need a clock signal to interface encoder chip
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 03:33:58 GMT

I am trying to interface an HP quadrature-type encoder to the handyboard using
the HP HCTL-2016 encoder chip. The problem is that the chip requires a clock
signal to synchronize the data latching and transfer functions and I am not
sure which type of signal to use. I would like to use the hc11 clock signal but
I cannot find a place on the HB to access it. Anyone know? I know that I could
create a square wave form using TOC3 or TOC4 ports but I cannot access these
because I must use the expansion board and it uses these ports. I would use an
external clock chip but I am under the impression that the signal should be
synchronized with the processor. Does anyone have any info that could help?