 Robotics / Handy Board / 7338
  multitasking

How clever is the multitasking in IC? If I have a task that I only want to run ever 10 seconds, can I just put a sleep statement at the top of the routine? Will the sleep statement chew up processor cycles, or will IC realize that it should defer to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: multitasking

In my reading of it, it will just chew the cycles. Here is the routine msleep(), used to implement sleep. See how it just does a busy wait? I wrote a version (now gone into data heaven when my drive crashed) that would check the time, and then give (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)