 Robotics / Handy Board / 7324
Re: Attaching a servo to a Rug Warrior Pro
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:17:23 GMT

Mark,

If you check out my contribution on this page, I have a servo driver that
runs on the port your peizo buzzer is connected to.

http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/software/contrib.html

Even though the site is the Handy Board site, I have the software installed
and running on a Super TCOMP, which is a Rug Warrior look-alike.

Good Luck,

Gary Livick
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Mark Palmerino wrote:

Ok - I'm a newbie!  But I'm really hoping the collective wisdom of this
newsgroup will be able to help me with extending the abilities of the
Rug
Warrior Pro I've been working with for the past 2 months.

I've recently purchased and connected three sharp gp2d12 sensors to the
robot using the three open analog ports and so far I'm quite happy with
the
results...

However, I was hoping to put one of the sharp detectors onto a servo so
that I could sweep it. To that end, I purchased a "standard servo" from
acroname but I have no idea how to hook it up to the rug warrior pro.

Would the good folks of this newsgroup lend me a little guidance?

Is there a way to attach the servo to the rug warrior? Is it as easy as
attaching the sharp detectors? If not, what would I need to build in
order
to incorporate the servo and be able to control it from software?

I fear that the above questions reveal the lack of knowledge I have, but

with some pointers, I'm hoping my knowledge will grow.

Thanks in advance for all your help!