 Robotics / Handy Board / 7311
  Using a 293B/293D combination

The HB FAQ mentions using the LM293B and LM293D chips in parallel (e.g., one L293D and one L293B) to gain increased current-carrying capability. My question is, if I do this am I losing the function of the spike-protecting diodes on the motor (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)