 Robotics / Handy Board / 7282
Re: Interfacing GP2D02 with handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:59:43 GMT

If you are not conversant in assembly, it will be difficult to obtain code for
each individual digital port unless you get someone to write it for you
specifically.

However, if you switch to GP2D12 sensors, and remove the pullup resistors on the
Handy Board's analog ports, then you can load all the analog ports with sensors
and read them directly.  The GP2D12 puts out an analog range signal.  Its faster,
cheaper, and takes up lots less computer overhead.  Just read an analog port when
you want to check the range.  I think this new sensor kind of makes the GP2D02
obsolete for anyone with A to D capability on their controller.

Gary Livick

AMOL KHARE wrote:

HI
I am currently working on a project and am using the handyboard for the
purpose of wall following. I want to use the GP2D02 sensor with the same but i
find that it (GP2D02) can be used only on digital ports 14 and 15. As i'm not
proficient with assembly language programming, i have not been able to proceed
further and write a code which can make use of all the digital ports
available. I would greatly appreciate if anyone has accomplished this and can
guide me as to how to go about doing the same.
Thank you,
Amol