 Robotics / Handy Board / 7276
Re: Higher voltage for HB battery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:17:27 GMT

I find that the ideal solution to this situation is to build a power system
for the robot. Maxim, Linear Technology, and National each make very easy
to use switching regulators that can provide highly efficient DC to DC
conversion. Building a circuit out of the National "simple switcher" parts
is pretty each. Then build on 5V supply for the HB, one 9V for the Lego
motors, and run the camera of the 12V of the battery.

--Chuck