 Robotics / Handy Board / 7268
Re: Voice Recognition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 05:28:18 GMT

Hi Sonny,

I've played with Voice Direct and also with the HM2007 chip.  Both
of them work fine in a quiet environment, but in my limited playing
they were both overwhelmed by the ambient noise of a moving robot.
They both are speaker dependent, and are capable of learning only a
small vocabulary ... but ok for receiving commands once the motor
noise problem is overcome.  Both of my units are on the shelf for
now, but I hope to get back to them soon.

Good luck,
- Nick -

Sonny Mounicou wrote:

Hello all,

        I have a project upcoming that would benefit from speech
recognition.  I have seen the voice direct by Interactive Speech and was
thinking of integrating it into my robot.  If anyone has had any success
(or failure) with this product or any other similar product, please let me

know.

Thank you
Sonny Mounicou