 Robotics / Handy Board / 7033
Re: Scientific American Robot Special on PBS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:34:12 GMT

I caught the show last night also. It's really worth watching. You can
check at www.pbs.org for a brief summary and check the next showtime in
your area.

-Kathy

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, rmtmd wrote:

I live in the Las Vegas metro area, and our PBS affiliate here runs
Scientific American w/ Alan Alda on Tuesday nights here.  Last night's
hour program was devoted entirely to robotics with a long segment on the
robot soccer competition.  They also showed a group of Sony's new dog
robot (name escapes me) programmed to play soccer, also.

If this program hasn't run in your PBS catchment area yet, keep an eye
out for it.  It's worth watching.

RMT