 Robotics / Handy Board / 7029
7028  |  7030
Subject:
Scientific American Robot Special on PBS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 19:35:18 GMT

I live in the Las Vegas metro area, and our PBS affiliate here runs
Scientific American w/ Alan Alda on Tuesday nights here.  Last night's
hour program was devoted entirely to robotics with a long segment on the
robot soccer competition.  They also showed a group of Sony's new dog
robot (name escapes me) programmed to play soccer, also.

If this program hasn't run in your PBS catchment area yet, keep an eye
out for it.  It's worth watching.

Ross M. Tonkens, M.D.
Medical Director
Primary Care of Nevada