 Robotics / Handy Board / 7013
Re: Help needed reviving my HB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 03:59:45 GMT

Hello Edward and everyone,

There are several causes that the Handyboard won't boot.

1) 62256 SRAM was dea
2) 74HC244 was dead
3) The Handyboard cannot put into bootstrap mode

You can try to do the followings:

Removes all the ICs on Handyboard except 74HC132 and 62250SRAM, put the
LCD on the board. Set the board into bootstrap mode and download the Pcode
and see if the board boots.

During the Pcode downloading, the GREEN LEDs on both Serial/Charger board
and Handyboard main board will be flashing. After couple seconds, the
GREEN LED on Handyboard main board will stay on while the GREEN LEDs on
Serial/Charger board still keeps flashing.

If failed, some components may be damaged, and you may need to return the
board back to us for repair.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Patrick Hui
Robot Store (HK)