 Robotics / Handy Board / 6929
Re: PSU robot contest Sat Dec 4, 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:43:20 GMT

Bob Avanzato wrote:

Penn State Abington will host the second annual Robo-TrailBlazers
autonomous robot contest on Sat Dec 4, 1999 at 3pm.

Penn State Abington is located near Philadelphia, PA USA

Robots can interact with an electric train, cross railroad tracks, pick up
cans, etc.  Robot teams are encouraged.

Of course you have enough time to build a robot!

Check it out:

http://www.ecsel.psu.edu/~avanzato/robots/contests    (follow link for
TrailBlazers)

I was pleasantly surprised to read under the Obstacles section, the following
ruling

"Robots may not hop, jump, skip, or fly over obstacles or any portion of the
arena."

One quickly realises that drafting rules for our bots to follow isn't that
easy. Even the definition of a robot is, as you say, *fuzzy*.

Whatever, have fun!

--
C S Soh

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh