 Robotics / Handy Board / 6903
Re: Start_process problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:30:22 GMT

alex,

each of your processes must be an indefinite loop.  otherwise starting
them up via start_process just runs through once.  so, e.g.:

void checkir() {
  while (1) {
    if (digital(4)) { /* go backward for some time */
       /* turn a little */
       /* go forward again */
    }
  }
}

fred

In your message you said:
Hi
When I try to start a process , the code downloads fine , it runs on th • e
board with no errors but it only excutes the first proceess once  and none
of the others.

void main()
{
start_process(fwrd());
start_process(checkir());
start_process(checkbumpers());
}

fwrd is just fd(1) fd(2) check IR  is one checking    digital(4) an turning
the bot 80 degrees amd check bumpers checks a bumper array and moves the bot
with the same function as checkir

any suggestions?

PS
I know the code works because ive used in :

void main()
{
fwrd();
checkir();
checkbumpers();
}
I would use the above code but it taxes the processor to much for me to •  run
anything else ie: low level vision , maze algotrithm

thanx
-robotman