 Robotics / Handy Board / 6876
Re: Motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:37:41 GMT

Tim,

Check out www.acroname.com.  They have motors there that are a little
slow, but are geared DC and run with the HandyBoard 9.6 volts.  Use
larger wheels to get more speed, or......

If you want the motors to be faster, you can pull one of the L293D chips
out, and run the signals from its socket over to a new board of your own
construction.  On that board, you can use 12 vdc, or more, to run the
motors to make them faster and stronger.

Good luck,

Gary Livick

"T.C." wrote:

Does anyone know where to get good motors that work
good with the handyboard.  I need geared DC motors
because we dont want our project to be a racing car.
If anyone has any answers or suggestions please email
me back. Thanks.

   TIM

=====