 Robotics / Handy Board / 6851
6850  |  6852
Subject:
HB for science project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 02:16:39 GMT

Hello,

Recently, I have been thinking about using a HandyBoard for my science
project in High School. My project will involve the writing of algorithms,
and I was planning on programming in C. I have been using the Basic Stamp II
(www.parallaxinc.com) for awhile, however, since it uses Basic language, I
don't think it is really a good choice (Is Basic any good for programming
high- level algorithms?..I never really used Basic for complex algorithms).
However, the price for the handy board is fairly expensive and I don't think
I can afford it right now. So my question is:  Are there any other PICs that
use C language and that are approximately < $150? If yes, could you please
send me more information. Thank you very much.

J.M. Mongeau