 Robotics / Handy Board / 682
Re: -POWER GLITCH- message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 13:20:17 GMT

One possibility: make sure you have loaded pcode_hb.s19 onto the
board, and *not* pcoder22.s19.

when you say "even if I don't move the HB at all after runing for a
few seconds the HB usually crashes"  do you mean, it crashes with the
"-POWER GLITCH-" message, or in some other fashion?

(The "-POWER GLITCH-" message is a remnant of an earlier design that
did not have the DS1233 chip.  We used a 6811 timer input interrupt to
detect when the board was switched off, and halted the processor in
software to prevent unspecified behavior as Vcc drained away.  The
power glitch message would be displayed if power was lost but then
returned after a very short interval---i.e., if the batteries were
jostled.  This code should be 100% disabled in the Handy Board version
of the pcode.)

-Fred

The Handyboard seamed to work fine for the last few days.
Sudently today I got this -POWER GLITCH- message when runing the HB
with just IC loaded in it.

What does it mean ??? I thought it could be a loose connection or
something similar but even if I don't move the HB at all after runing
for a few seconds the HB usually crashes.

Thanks
Oriol