 Robotics / Handy Board / 6780
Re: [OT] decoding the LEGO #9738 IR Remote Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:13:29 GMT

Matt - -

Downloaded Max Davies' files, ran them on my HandyBoard ... decoded
the IR signal from both RCA and GE TV/VCR remotes with no problem,
but with the LEGO remote it says "RC-5 NOT SUPPORTED".  I guess that
RC-5 is an IR encoding protocol ... now it's time to UTFSE (start
using the search engine).

Thanks for the help,
- NIck -

Nick Taylor wrote:

Thanks Matt, I'm going to go take a look right now.
- Nick -

Matt Austin wrote:

Nick,
Perhaps this will help, http://www.cam.org/~mdavies/HB/ir.htm The guy has a
great C file which you load into the Handyboard, it then decodes the remote
and tells you all about it, all the info's in the readme file.
   Matt