 Robotics / Handy Board / 6729
RE: VOLTAGE AND CURRENT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:21:54 GMT

Greetings,
   My buddies and I encountered a similar problem with the motor drivers.
The actual specs on a single "Stock" motor driver is .5A . We needed a a
driver to handle at least 1A, so we got the TI motor drivers. We found that
stacking 2 TI drivers for one slot did a great job. Your 3.5A would take
quite a stack of TI's; however I really don't think its feasible. You might
try using digital switches with the handyboard. I keep in touch if I can
conger up a schematic for a switch setup.

Good Luck
-Justin
---
University of Missouri-Rolla