 Robotics / Handy Board / 6694
Re: Linux for the HandyBoard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 03:01:52 GMT

Phil <thehahns@netwurx.net> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

Friends-
    Is there any way to get a Linux kernel onto the HB?

The HB is not within an order of magnitude of having enough memory,
and is lacking other hardware needed for virtual memory.

There is a project called ELKS (Embeddable Linux Kernel Subset) (STFW)
aimed at producing a linux-like environment on embedded systems.

If you really want Linux in a 'bot?

Try
        http://wearables.www.media.mit.edu/projects/wearables/hands.html
        http://ryeham.ee.ryerson.ca/uClinux/
        http://www.uclinux.org/simm/
        http://www.cellcomputing.com/

You can compile and download to your handyboard from a Linux system,
however.  Works for me.

cjb.

--
Christopher Biggs -- chris@stallion.oz.au -- Stallion Technologies Australia.
There's a bug in my mailer that mangles my sig but V guvax V'ir svkrq vg abj.