 Robotics / Handy Board / 669
Re: bootstrap quirk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 16:55:35 GMT

David Negro wrote:

A possible problem may be that your computer is sending serial data when you try to put it in bootstrap mode.  Try and disconnect the serial board from the computer and try it again.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, the behavior is the same
regardless of whether the interface board is connected to my computer.

Also check to make sure MAX232 chip is installed in correctly.

I believe it is working fine, as the previous tests of it were passed.
I did have a problem where one of the transmit lines turned out to be
faulty (I don't know if I did that), so I hijacked the other one, which
wasn't being used, and it seemed to work fine after that.  Maybe I
just oughta undo that and swap a spare MAX232 in.  I'll let you know
how it goes.

Thanks again!

  /\/\o   Troy Stephens '97
/  \ \/\  Wesleyan University