 Robotics / Handy Board / 6554
  Millisecond timing

I recently bought a Handy Board to use in acquiring time measurements varying by one millisecond. The Handy Board has a clock speed of 2kHz, therefore it should be able to measure down to one half millisecond. What I have found however is that the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Millisecond timing

The clock speed on the Handy Board runs at 2 Mhz, which is plenty fast enough for most things IF you run the right code. IC, used in its C implementation is too slow to catch anything at 1 ms reliably. However, there are a few simple work arounds. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Millisecond timing

(...) See the Polaroid sonar code (from the HB web site) for an example of how to measure timing signals on the TIC3 channel. You initialize with: bit_set( 0x1009, 0x30 ); /* ddrd */ bit_set( 0x1021, 1 ); /* at tctl2, */ bit_clear( 0x1021, 2 ); /* (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)