 Robotics / Handy Board / 6534
6533  |  6535
Subject:
Newsgroups:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:41:53 GMT

Thanks Russ....

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Herring [mailto:edo_ergo_sum@zdnetmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 1999 1:29 AM
To: legged-robots@egroups.com
Subject: [legbots] Tilt Sensors

I just came across this today:
http://www.analog.com/iMEMS/products/ADXL202_top.html

It tells how to make a tilt-sensor joystick for your home computer.  This
simple circuit is based on the ADXL202 accelerometer made by Analog Devices
(www.analog.com).  It looks like this chip would also be a very easy way to
integrate tilt/stability sensing into a walker with a brain as simple as a
Basic Stamp.

Basic Specs:
   Separate sensing of x and y with a 60-90 plus and minus range.
   Runs off 2.7-5.25 V,  ~1mA, 5 milli-g Resolution

I know this isn't new, just thought this was an neat product application,
and I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's used the ADXL202 for
robotics.

Thanks,
Daniel Herring
nuntius@falcon.cc.ukans.edu