 Robotics / Handy Board / 6531
Re: HB Serial line speed change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:53:32 GMT

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Chuck McManis wrote:

To get 19.2 you need run the board at 10Mhz which you can't do with the
handyboard.

I haven't looked at the schematics for the handyboard for a while, but if
you use an E-series processor, then I think you can go up to 12MHz (3 MHz
E-Clock).

I'm not sure whether the rest of the Handyboard could take the increased
speed, and of course you would either have to get away from using IC
which would up the complexity of the programming task.  I'm using an
E9 in one of my boards, but I haven't messed with the clock.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U