 Robotics / Handy Board / 653
    Re: IR transmission —David Negro
   Jeff, You are right. Several things could be wrong here. First of all the precision resistor is VERY VERY important. This controls the frequency of the carrier signal. The freq is approx 1/(RC) where R = R4 and C = C6 of the the Handyboard IR Tx (...) (28 years ago, 8-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR transmission —Jeff Keyzer
   (...) Well actually, even though it's not a precision resistor, when I installed it, I grabbed a bunch of resistors and measured each one with my DMM until I found one which was between the 3.74 and 3.83 values Fred specified. To further test this, (...) (28 years ago, 8-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)