 Robotics / Handy Board / 6428
Re: Moving Straight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:33:39 GMT

Try a differential transmission (assuming you're using Lego parts).

http://carol.wins.uva.nl/~leo/lego/diff.html

http://www.phred.org/~alex/lego/

http://www.steamboat-software.com/~dhm/

One motor drives the bot, with both wheels turning at the same rate.  The
other turns the bot by changing the relative speed of the wheels.

Ross M. Tonkens, M.D.
Medical Director
Primary Care of Nevada
100 North Green Valley Parkway
Suite 240
Henderson, NV 89014

702 914-7120  VOICE
702 914-7129  FAX

Sean Verret

Is there anyone who has written or seen IC code that will keep a robot
moving straight with 2 DC motors and four side sensors?  2 on each
side.  The main reason I ask is because one of my DC motors seems to put
out more power that the other one and this moves faster  and my robot
like to turn into walls....

I'm using the analog sensor inputs with IR sensors - the values range
from 0-255
255 being can't see anything, and 0 being right against a wall..

I was thinking something like - if back left > 128 speed up left motor
or decrease right motor speed and similar scenarios for the other
sensors....

I'm asking just to save myself some time....  If anyone can help that'd
be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
Sean Verret
Design Services