 Robotics / Handy Board / 6400
6399  |  6401
Subject:
GP2D02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:56:01 GMT

I am having trouble getting the IR sensor to show values on the LCD screen.  I
am confident that it is finally hooked up correctly.  The following is what is
included in the list file to automatically download into the board:

explego.icb
lib_hb.icb
libexpbd.icb
expservo.icb
Gp2d02_i.icb
sonar.icb
/expsens.c
/lib_hb.c

Am I missing anything?

Then I load the test for the sensor from Barry's page and I still just get
"zeros" on the LCD screen.  I have hooked up the input and output of the sensor
to an oscilloscope and was able to see the pulses going to the sensor.  The
timing was a little off but in general it seemed to be receiving signals.  What
could be going wrong?  Is it hardware or software?

Thanks for all of your help.

Salpi Aroyan
Tapehead Manufacturing Engineering
International Business Machine Corporation
saroyan@us.ibm.com
(408) 256-8251