 Robotics / Handy Board / 6397
6396  |  6398
Subject:
Parts buying help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:01:34 GMT

To the wise HB builders,

First can I us a poly-styrene cap of the same value instead of the polypro??
Can I use a 3.92 1% in place of the 3.83 1%, what will happen??
Can I use a -8 instead of a -12 or -10 32k memory chip??
Has anyone created shopping list for us that go to surplus house for parts?

I am helping 15 students at San Jose State College build HB this summer.  I have been visiting the local surplus houses and have created a shopping list, but it needs to be fixed up with more information.

The list I want to create would list the part and voltage values, like  for caps and  also what can be substitutes for different parts.

If there is interest in a list like this and Fred would look over my should, I could finish this one off and see if Fred would post it.

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone.
Greg H