 Robotics / Handy Board / 6314
Re: Using IC with the 6811 Eval board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 18:21:05 GMT

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Bruce Pixton wrote:

I've been using Interactive C with the Handy Board and like the
convenience of C commands.  I am now trying to work with Motorola's
HC11EVBU evaluation board (same 6811 chip, different interface).  It has a
program called BUFFALO which is a watered-down assembly code that runs in
ROM, but I want to be able to use C.

My Question:  Has anyone been successful in downloading the P-Code to the
6811 Eval Board and actually using Interactive C with the board?

Otherwise, what other options are available for using a C compiler with
the HC11EVBU?

Allow me to be redundant (others on the list are tired of hearing about it
I'm sure):  Go to www.eskimo.com/~archer, and snag the HC11 patches to the
GCC-2.8.1 compiler.  In there is a readme that tells how to get it going
on a Linux box.  It shouldn't be too hard to get it going on any other
platform that is supported by GCC (most unix-like operating systems).
You'll also need to go snag the GCC-2.8.1 sources, but they are readily
available.

There's also a Handyboard library there for download, which might give
you some hints on how to get going with the EVB board.

An alternate path to the software:  ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/a/archer

There are also commercial C compilers that you can use.

If you want a DOS GCC compiler (DJGPP) for the HC11, I can point you to
that as well.

I ported quite a large program from Interactive-C over to GCC and have
it running on my Handyboard.  It's quite a bit faster, and I still have
a lot of memory available.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U