 Robotics / Handy Board / 6273
6272  |  6274
Subject:
External Motor Power Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 03:50:39 GMT

Hello all,

I modified my HB to except the external motor source.  After downloading a
test program to see if all the ports worked, I found that only one motor
port now works.  There is the possibility that I shorted out other chips,
but I am sure that I did not connect the power in backwards.  I have tried
replace the H-Bridge chips (the TI one's) with no more success in solving my
problem.  Has anyone else seen this before and know of a solution?  What
other chips should I be checking if the motor ports do not work?  Thanks for
any advice!!!

Bill Denzel