 Robotics / Handy Board / 6265
6264  |  6266
Subject:
Can't get MiniBoard to Download??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 12:52:07 GMT

I am not sure if it is bad form to ask questions about the MiniBoard here on
the HandyBoard list so I'll try keep it short.

I am building my first MB, have completed assembly, visually scanned for any
shorts, applied power (9V battery) and got the red led to light, plugged in
the serial cable (with no power applied) and got the green led to light,
then with the serial cable still connected I applied power.

This is where the problem started. It looks like I'm not in download mode
(red led is on and motor lights flash) no matter which position SW3 is in. I
pulled the switch and tested it -- seems to work fine. I reinstalled it and
still have the same problem.

With the switch installed it appears that I have continuity between all
three pins no matter which position the switch is in?

Has anyone else had this problem? Does it sound like a problem with a short?
Bad processor? Ideas where to look? Is the simple 9V battery a problem for
the board with no motors, sensors, etc. connected?

If this talk about MBs is verboten then please reply off list. If there is a
better place to look for answers then please just direct me there.

Thanks in advance.

Later.
--
David Holsclaw