 Robotics / Handy Board / 6262
6261  |  6263
Subject:
IC and Pcode w/other boards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 13:11:19 GMT

Hello (Bonjour en anglais)

I'm looking to use the freeware version on ic on a linux box with an F1
board. I've got the source for Pcode-2.81, IC-Unix, and as11. I have
three questions that just *may* be answerable here (it's worth a shot).

My first question is will the pcode source (if I can ever get it to
make) build a program that will run on the F1 board? If not, is it
possible (well, I know it is, but is it easy) to hack the code for the
F1 board?

Second question: Will IC run with the board as is? I've browsed through
the code, and didn't notice anything to wrong. IC should be able to
communicate with it natively because it's an HC11, no?

Last question: How's dl for sending stuff to the F1 board? I figure if
promted, I can look through the code and change it to work if it doesn't
already.

Basically, I'd like a system for the F1 board that's as easy and
featured as that for my Handyboard. I have libraries for it, but want
all the beans.
Jonathan Pennington
-Anthropologist/Geologist
-Linux User and Advocate
-Bug Eater on an '83 V45 Magna "Dark Side"
    and a '71 Triumph Bonnie "Pieces"
Email at jwp(at)awod.com ( root@localhost )

"Where are we going?
And why are we in this handbasket?