 Robotics / Handy Board / 6164
6163  |  6165
Subject:
HC11 Math Libraries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 19:32:57 GMT

Anyone know which of the following are the most bug-free?  All were found
at the Motorola ftp site:

float11.arc
fp11.asm 01/22/1986, R. Soja
gmath.asm/gmath.lst 12/30/1988, James Shultz
hc11fp.asm/hc11fp.doc 12/04/1995, Gordon Doughman
HC11FP11.asm 12/04/1995, Gordon Doughman
math11.arc

It looks like gmath.asm implements some more general math function, while
most (all?) of the rest are floating-point routines.  If there are
well-known bugs in any of these, please let me know.  I think I've heard
something about bugs in the math11 library before.

I'm looking for a library that's in the public domain or under a freeware
license (Berkeley, GPL, etc), for possible use in the GCC Handyboard
library.

Thanks,

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U