 Robotics / Handy Board / 6140
Re: charging circuit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 02:01:17 GMT

Hello again,
Sorry for the posting, seems as the problem  fixed itself, anyhow it's
working like it always did now.
Thanks anyhow,
Terry Gathright

----------
From: Terry P. Gathright <669@worldnet.att.net>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: charging circuit
Date: Sunday, May 02, 1999 7:08 PM

Hi All,
I turned on my handyboard yesterday and found that the battery had died,
zero,no voltage.   I then plugged the wall transformer wire into the jack
on the handyboard as I had been doing all along.
The charge yellow led on the handyboard  blinked  erraticlly and the
battery did not charge, I plugged the power into the charger board , the
gtrrn, red, and yellow led on the board stayed on steady but the battery
did not charge at all.

Today I replaced the  radio shack Ni-cd 9.6 volt, 600MAH part #23-229 • with
the 9.6 volt,900 MAH part # 23-329.

The same thing is happening, what is the problem? Do I have to always
charge from the battery charger board?
I had always just plugged into the handyboard to charge the battery
overnight.

Thanks in advance,
Terry Gathright
669@worldnet.att.net