 Robotics / Handy Board / 6104
    Re: Mobile Robot Question —Curt Mills, WE7U
   (...) Can anyone answer all that? I think the answer is "it depends". Unfortunately it depends on so many variables that you'll just have to implement one system at a time, checking each thoroughly and modifying as you go. Make sure to go back and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        handyboard clock speed —Ian Nieves
   Ive checked the mailing list archives and i cant find a simple answer to the following question: Is it possible to run the HB at >2Mhz? That is, can I run a different version of the 6811 perhaps and get 8Mhz? What are the advantages/disadvantages? (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: handyboard clock speed —Curt Mills, WE7U
   (...) From the data books for the 68HC11, if you have any version of the E-series (except for perhaps one, a low-power version?), you can run them at up to a 3MHz E-clock (12MHz crystal). I haven't looked at the rest of the handyboard schematic with (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)