 Robotics / Handy Board / 6098
6097  |  6099
Subject:
Mobile Robot Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:55:02 GMT

Hi,

I'm building a mobile robot using an R/C car with an Electronic Speed
Controller (ESC) as the mobile platform, the Handyboard for sensorial data
aquisition, and servo control; and a Linux "box" for GPS, videoconferencing,
wireless communications, high level autonomous behavior, and remote control...

My question is...

How much are the GPS, the ultrasound radar, the electronic compass, the
stepper motor (that holds and rotates a "turret" containing the ultrasound
transducer, the video camera, some IR sensors, and eventually a Laser
range-finder), the servo motors (that control the car), the video camera (I'm
NOT using a wireless video transmitter), the ESC, and the packet modem going
to cause electromagnetic interference to each other?  Should I expect any
other type of interference ? Which devices are not gonna be affected or cause
any type of interference ? Which devices generate interference, and what are
my options accessing the problem ?

Wow! If someone is able to answer all that, we should post the answers in some
FAQ...:)

Thank you in advance for any help...

Best,

Andre.

Andre Philippi - Applications Developer   | Phone: 626-296-5016
philippi@corp.earthlink.net               | Fax:   626-296-5113
Earthlink Network, Inc.                   | 3100 New York Drive
http://www.earthlink.net                  | Pasadena, CA  91107