 Robotics / Handy Board / 6057
Re: More servo jitters...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:32:11 GMT

My HB is totally new, and I also have the "jitters".  However, I have never
Zap charged the unit.  Although when we observed the jitters we were
excessievly calling printf()...  We more promenently noticed the jitters when
running 2 9V motors (with smooth PWM code).  The jitters only occures in the
range 20 - 30... You can probably best notice this by using the knob to set
the PWM rate of the motors directly...

ian

wengd@optionshealthcare.com wrote:

As a follow up to my nervous servo, it gets the shakes even when
running as a single process.  Ok, I confess... I recharged it on ZAP and
fell asleep... Is it possible that either the servo or the HB was damaged
by this in such a way as to give it a nervous tick???  Everything else
seems to function okay...
-Drew