 Robotics / Handy Board / 6047
Fwd: Re: help about part C3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:05:29 GMT

replying to my own msg...

use Digikey P6305-ND or P5417-ND.  both are 470 uF electrolytics, axial leads • (that is,
leads sticking out opposite ends) and are 16 mm long and 8 mm in diameter. • in other words,
they're the right value and they'll fit.

ok, so P6305-ND is the part i originally specified.  sure enough, you
can't find it online. but i found it in the latest print digikey catalog!
(i didn't check that it was the same until after i sent my msg.)

now, P5417-ND (also in the latest catalog) doesn't come up either.

so i got on the phone and talked to digikey.  they're discontinuing the
Panasonic brand caps and replacing them with Philips.  These are on pages
281-284 of the Apr-Jun 99 catalog.

a suitable replacement for the part in question from the Philips line is

  4000PHCT-ND

this should be a superior part to the Panasonic -- it's smaller and
cheaper with the same electrical specs.

F.

Can anyone tell me of a good place to get part C3 for the handy
board?...DigiKey no longer has it or a replacement.

-Jon Schuck