 Robotics / Handy Board / 60
Re: Adding a brain to the handy board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 22:37:52 GMT

I am thinking about starting development of a processing board for the handy
board.
Here is what I mean:
Power PC
8 or 16 MB of RAM ( want to use those SIMs I had to buy for my last desktop
computer)
Input for Video (like a quickcam, could even stay serial)
Output for sound (8 bit to play back voice).

I know this feels like the kitchen sink. Nevertheless anyone interested in
contributing?

Never thought about adding this to the handy board, but I have thought
of building a computer around the PowerPC that was handyboard like
(self contained, motor drivers, LCD, memory, expansion, but add *LOTS*
of IO, interrupts, and memory).

Yup, doesn't need to be a screamer (250MHz), but should be pretty
quick, and be programmable by sloppy programmers, and maybe carry an
OS (horror).

Dunno though, might be cheaper to get a commercial PowerPC CPU board,
and use the PCI bus for the IO.  Plus it is all debugged, and all.

--
tgb@bnr.com