 Robotics / Handy Board / 5941
Re: Help needed part III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:59:20 GMT

Hi everybody,

I've received a number of suggestions, from Patrick Hui, Will Bain, Gary
Livick, Keith Lectro, Nitin Mangesh and Keith Hearn. Thanks for the
support!

I've tried the following things:

swapped COM1/COM2 ports (I have a PS/2 mouse working on IRQ 12)
increased/lowered baud rate
disabled COM3/4 devices
I've even moved my PS/2 mouse to COM1 with HB on COM2 and vice versa
I've tried to run IC (freeware) on a slow DOS 386 laptop.
Nothing works!

A summary of what I'm left with:

downloading bootstrap and pcode works fine (lcd message and HB heartbeat
after reset);
after 700 bytes of downloading library files, I get:
"Board not responding to 98 (b) command (heartbeat stopped)
synchronizing with board
board not responding, retrying.."etc.

after resetting the board, there is some more serial communication and
HB's heart stops again plus "board not responding..."
I can repeat this: each time some serial activity plus dead heart.
In the end I get the message "code loaded" but the board does not
respond to IC commands sent from the pc (message "running", but no
response from handy board).

If I take the line lib_hb.icb out of my lib_hb.lis file, downloading
succeeds (of course with error "_raw_analog not defined") and I can give
IC commands to handy board.

Help! I'm still stuck.

Best regards,

Marc
(I'm still not on the mailing list, so: please send your suggestions to
msmkatz@wxs.nl. Thanks)