 Robotics / Handy Board / 5870
5869  |  5871
Subject:
more serial problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 20:24:05 GMT

I finally got the serial communications working--thanks for the help.
However, I can't get IC up to speed--I'm getting very few bytes
through at 9600 bps.  I was talking to another team that is working on
the same application, and they said they have to send bytes one-by-one
at a much slower rate.  They also suggested possibly writing an
assembly routine to do the work.

My question is about the latter option.  Does anyone know what
interrupt the serial port will trigger, which bytes to play with to
get the information, etc.?  Also, I've had a hard time finding a good
source for a list of assembly op's available for the HC6811.  I'm
using as11, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan Hinton ;)
ryan_hinton@byu.edu
http://www.et.byu.edu/~hintonr