 Robotics / Handy Board / 5816
  Creating multiple serial outputs with the HB expansion board

I would like to create multiple serial outputs (like 3 or 4) using the digital outputs on the handyboard expansion board. The purpose is to drive an external servo controller and external motor controllers (motorminds) which can handle more load (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Creating multiple serial outputs with the HB expansion board

Have you considered (not sure about the full requirements) but designing a secondary expansion board with serial controllers instead of the expansion headers?? Just an idea, but the Motorola version of the serial processor (6850?) should be a good (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Creating multiple serial outputs with the HB expansion board

I have considered something like that and it sure would work but I was hoping to find a s/w based solution that didn't require changing the h/w. I only need outputs, 2400bps, and I dont need any of the more functional aspects of typical serial parts (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)