 Robotics / Handy Board / 5807
Re: Memory peripheral device
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:06:05 GMT

Great ! I thought no one could have done or imagined something like. The
problem, I belive, is that no massive memory storage device (massive: about
1Mb or 2, or 512 KB ...) has an input that can be interfaced with the
handyboard or with another 68hc11 boards. Meanwhile, where can I find the
pinout
of such  a standard device like a floppy ? And then, can the board drive
all the memory of the new device ? And if I have a BUS on my board ?

----------
From: Olson, Shan (PBMS-SOlson) <solson@pacbell.mobile.com>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: RE: Memory peripheral device
Date: 10 March 1999 17:35

I too would really like to use a Mini Hard-Drive on my Handy Board robot.

http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/library/micro/whitepap/whitepap

.htm
Camera's and Mobile Phone use micro-controllers, don't they?
Can a HC11 write/access data to/from HD sectors?

If anyone out there has any idea's or info, be sure and let us know.

Muchas Gracias,
Shan O.