 Robotics / Handy Board / 5789
5788  |  5790
Subject:
Serial routines for PA7 at 2400 Baud
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:05:26 GMT

Hi,

I read somewhere taht if i want to use pa7 with 2400 baud that i'll have
to modify the LDAB 37 to LDAB 148. Is this the only change ??

If i try to use this, and i send 0b11111111 on the HB, I get 0b11000000
on the Host (if i try 0b00000000 i get 0b10000000).

That looks wrong for me ...
Can someone help me ? Perhaps i do a mistake with compiling (the .asm to
.icb) file ?
I used the as11 for doing so.

Thank you, Simon

Modified Code below:

* pa7_2400.asm
* originally written by *
* Fred Martin *
* fredm@media.mit.edu *
* 5 February 1997 *
* changed to output @ 2400 baud *

BASE EQU $1000 ; register base

PORTA EQU $1000 ; Port A data register
PACTL EQU $1026 ; Pulse Accumulator Control register

ORG MAIN_START

* sends a byte at 2400 N-8-1 over port A, bit 7
subroutine_pa7_2400:
TBA
SEI
LDX #BASE
BSET PACTL,X $80 ; enable PA7 for output
* send start bit
BSR a7_bit0
* send 8 data bits
BSR a7_send8
* send stop bit
BSR a7_bit1
CLI
RTS

* thanks to Brian Silverman for this recursive bit output trick
a7_send8 BSR a7_send4
a7_send4 BSR a7_send2
a7_send2 BSR a7_send1
a7_send1 LSRA