 Robotics / Handy Board / 5637
  Book Review ??? -Reply

I bought the "Personal Robot Navigator" last year. The book focuses on the simulation software (came with the book). There is almost no hardware discussions at all and I found that frustrating (especially after reading "Mobile Robots"!) The model (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Tracking device

hello everyone. my team has been assigned to make a tracking device for our robot making use of a video camera or the camera on this silicon graaphics computer in the lab but i'm not exactly sure how to begin. any suggestions or words of wisdom (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Tracking device

(...) If you are trying to track something moving, it is pretty simple, if you have a fixed camera. Take two images, separated by a reasonable amount of time (2 subsequent frames may not be enough). XOR the two frames, everything the same will show (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Tracking device

Chen, I am no expert on computer vision, but Greg Hager of Yale University's CS dept. gave a talk at our school last week about developing function libraries for visual tracking. His web page is (URL) It seems relevant to what you are trying to do. (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)