 Robotics / Handy Board / 5626
Re: IR question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:58:38 GMT

Tey Chee Beng wrote:

As the IR input and output are both interrupt driven codes, why can't they
transmit and receive simultaneously ?

I just looked over the code again, and you're right, I see no reason why it
shouldn't work.  I guess the comment is just left over from a previous version
where it did make a difference.

This is not something I can test though, so I'll have to leave that up to you.

Even though the code looks like it might handle it, I'd still be surprised if
it really worked though.  With two HB's blasting each other with IR at the same
time I'd think the signals would interfere with each other and they'd both
receive garbage.

BTW, I hope you realize that this kind of data transmission is quite slow.  I
wouldn't count on being able to send more than about 50 bytes per second.