 Robotics / Handy Board / 5622
RE: IR question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:57:05 GMT

James,

I'm not sure if this is the correct answer since I am new to the Handyboard,
but I think it is:

If you do not disable the IR Input Interrupt, your transmission could be
'interrupted' by the receiving information and this may mess up your
transmission timing.

PC's typically use buffered input, and you may need something like that here.
There was a recent article about how to communicate between 2 68hc11's in
Circuit Cellar magazine.  They were creating a BUS, but I think their
technique may work here.  They used a 7203 FIFO buffer chip at each end.  I
don't recall the exact scenario, but I have been looking for this chip for
awhile.  I've called Digikey, Jameco, & Mouser for the chip and they can't
find it in their order databases.

Anyone know where I might find such a chip?

Hope this helps a little,
Gerald

<<Hi Max Davies and everyone,

In your documentation (irinfo.txt), you said that we need to disable the IR
input interrupt routine before transmitting another signal, what is the
reason behind that ?

As the IR input and output are both interrupt driven codes, why can't they
transmit and receive simultaneously ?

Currently I'm working on some communication protocol between multiple Handy
Board, if I need to transmit and receive signal concurrently, how can it be
done ?

Anyone has any advice on the above issue...>>