 Robotics / Handy Board / 557
Re:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 1996 22:31:26 GMT

System User wrote:
snip
P.S., yes, this 'bot is big and heavy.. using a motorcycle battery for motor
power and a pair of gearmotors hacked from cordless drills. Wheels are 14"
bicycle tires, on plastic "mag" style rims, gear driven, with quad encoders.
(at least wheelspin won't be a problem!)
Lyle Hazelwood (lylehaze@n-jcenter.com)I was also thinking of doing this with a couple of drills. How much power do they
have? I want to move a 200lb platform on 8" wheels. Do you think they could do it? My
partner (who also reads this list) thinks I'm nuts to suggest buying two new drills
and cutting them into pieces. My resoning is that their R&D department spend lots of
money making them able to drill 3" screws into 4"x4"s. They should have the power and
be cheap enough because of mass production.
Mike