 Robotics / Handy Board / 5527
  HB to control a TV set and VCR

Hi everyone! I'd like to control a TV set and VCR with my HB, because I want it to wake me up e.g. with "The Simpsons". So I need some source code to transmit code via the built in IR cirquit. I need to transmit "TV: switch on", "VCR: switch on" and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HB to control a TV set and VCR

Why not just buy a universal remote control (make sure it works for your TV and VCR of course). Then, take off the faceplate and interface those 3 switches to the outputs?? Saves the hassle of writing a driver for the I/R port.... --phil (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HB to control a TV set and VCR

(...) Sure, the IR routines at (URL) can do that for you. Just follow the instructions in the readme to find the configurations values for your TV and for your VCR separately, and then in your program switch back and forth between the configurations (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)