 Robotics / Handy Board / 5484
Re: HB and V8600 module??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 02:41:37 GMT

Here's a link:
http://maverick.stanford.edu/~ssdl/projects/squirt1/subsystem/payload/voice/voice.html
- - - Nick - - -

Ranjit Diol wrote:

I'm having trouble interfacing theRC Systems' V8600 text-to-speech
module via its TTL serial connections and the HB w/exp brd using just
one output pin and signal ground to send text to the V8600 (at 9600 or
2400 baud). I modified the Fred's PA_9600.asm file for a different pin
and have been successful in sending serial data to a serial LCD ( I had
to modify the routine to output an inverted signal ). I thought that
perhaps this same scheme would work with the V8600 module but have not
had any luck.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who has some experience with the V8600
module.

Thanks,
Ranjit

--