 Robotics / Handy Board / 548
Re: Handyboard LCD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 12:20:45 GMT

there are two assemble-time constants LCD_ROWS and LCD_COLS that can
be changed to build new versions of the pcode_hb.s19 file for
different LCDs.  but is sounds like your 20x4 display is incompatible
altogether---you should see something.

i would say either live with the 1x8, whcih doesn't do any harm, or
get the suggested 2x16.

-Fred

In your message you said:
Please, anyone has any suggestion to solve this problem?

I haven't used the LCD display in the parts list, but one LCD 20 char by 4
rows... why? 8^) well, I've got 3 of this around and to buy another seemed
not so good idea! This display doesn't "display" anything! The board beeps
at the boot, IC talks with the board and I can have results for 2+2; etc...
but I can see only two rows of dark character boxes and two clear rows,
alterned. The LCD is labeled EPSON - P300014400 - SANTIS1 and uses the
Hitachi chip HD44780A00 (plus 4 HD44100). I tried to change this LCD with
another, an Hitachi LM0442 (20 chars x 4 rows, same chips), and I get the
same result. A small 8char x 1 row LCD shows the first characters of "Handy
Board..." Is there a way to use an LCD of the type of mine? Please don't
tell me to buy another... they are expensive here! 8^(

bye

  Stefano Nardone      | email: stefanon@synapsis.it            |
               | http://www.synapsis.it/uw/stefanon/    |
       | tel +39 81 7142222 | fax +39 81 645130 |